The Municipal Act states that general municipal elections must be held every four years on the fourth Wednesday in October. 2018 is an election year and Wednesday, October 24 is election day for the RM of St. Clements.
The RM has seven elected positions: one mayor and six councillors. There are three councillors in each ward. This group is known as council. The mayor is chair of council and represents the entire RM.
Find answers to most of your election FAQs at the province’s municipal election website .
Who is eligible to vote in the RM of St. Clements?
- You must be a Canadian citizen
- You must be at least 18 years of age on election day
- You must be a resident of the municipality OR a registered owner of a property for at least six months before election day (since April 24, 2018)
When do I vote?
Between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm on Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
Identification may be required before being allowed to vote.
Do I need identification to vote?
A voter may be asked to produce identification if there are questions about the voter’s eligibility. All voters should bring ID with them to the voting place, or when requesting a sealed envelope ballot in person. Even voters who request a sealed envelope ballot in writing must submit photocopies of their ID when applying to vote.
Acceptable identification includes an official document issued by the federal, provincial or municipal government that contains the voter’s name, address and photograph or at least two documents that provide evidence satisfactory to the election official.
Alternate voting options
Advance voting is available for voters unable to vote on election day:
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Time: Between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm
Place: RM of St. Clements Municipal Office, 1043 Kittson Road, East Selkirk
Sealed envelope voting
For voters who are unable to vote on election day or on the advance voting day, sealed envelope voting is available in four easy steps: apply, receive your sealed envelope ballot package, vote, return to the RM office.
- Apply to the Senior Election Official (SEO), any time between September 24 and October 17
- Apply in person, by mail, or by fax
- In person: RM of St. Clements Municipal Office, 1043 Kittson Road, East Selkirk (cast your vote at this time if you choose and you’re done)
- By mail: to SEO, Box 2, Group 35, RR 1, East Selkirk, Manitoba, R0E 0M0
- By fax: to 1-204-482-3098
- Apply in person, by mail, or by fax
- Receive your sealed envelope ballot package: in person, by mail (postage required) or as arranged with the SEO
- Vote and seal your ballot in the provided envelope
- Return your sealed vote to the RM office in person or by mail by 4:30 pm on Friday, October 19, 2018
Where do I vote?
- You must vote in the ward you live in, even if you own property in the other ward
- If you do not live in the RM and own a property in more than one ward, you must contact the Senior Election Official (SEO) to designate your voting ward. The voter must choose a ward before the voters list is closed to revisions (September 18, 2018) or the SEO will choose a ward on the voter’s behalf.
Click image below to view larger poll area maps
|1||1||Pine Ridge Village Community Club||900 Dunning Road, West Pine Ridge, MB|
|1||2||Abundant Life Lutheran Church||3486 Raleigh Street, East St. Paul, MB|
|1||3||Corpus Christi Hall||5819 Henderson Hwy, Narol, MB|
|2||4||Happy Thought School||659 Quarry Rd, East Selkirk, MB|
|2||5||Happy Thought School||659 Quarry Rd, East Selkirk, MB|
|2||6||Happy Thought School||659 Quarry Rd, East Selkirk, MB|
|2||7||Libau Community Club||31145 Road 86N, Libau, MB|
|2||8||Thalberg Hall||93004 Rd 93N, Thalberg, MB|
|2||9||Patricia Beach Community Hall||36155 PR 319, Patricia Beach, MB|
|2||10||Grand Marais Recreation Centre||90 Matilda Ave, Grand Marais, MB|
|2||11||Bronx Park Community Centre||720 Henderson Hwy (at Kimberly Ave), Winnipeg, MB|
The election in the RM is handled by a Senior Election Official or SEO, with assistance from office staff. Council has appointed Ernie Epp as SEO. He can be reached at email@example.com.
After a candidate has registered, which for mayor is between May 1 and September 18, 2018 and for Council is between June 30 to September 18, 2018, they might visit your home to talk with you. Candidates are prepared to show photo ID on request.
Follow election results on election day at https://mbvotes.ca/.