Curbside waste and recycling pickup began on July 1, 2018.
New residents in the curbside pickup service area or those who opted out of service and would now like to have service can now opt in for curbside pickup.
Ways to Sign Up
ONLINE: Sign up and pay below via PayPal (credit cards accepted). Cost is based on service startup date.
IN PERSON: Come to the RM office at 1043 Kittson Road in East Selkirk, register and make payment (payment must be made upfront).
- Cash, cheque or debit ONLY
- We do not accept credit cards
BY MAIL: Phone the RM office at 204-482-3300 to find out your cost and send your name, civic address and a cheque (payable to the RM of St. Clements) to:
Box 2, Group 35, RR 1
East Selkirk, MB, R0E 0M0
PAID UPFRONT: $25 administration fee + $8.93 per month multiplied by the number of months in 2019 you receive pickup service
- For 2020 and subsequent years, the charge will be added to your annual property tax bill until the contract is over on June 30, 2023
- See annual charges here
- Two carts are included (value $105 per cart)
- One 240 litre (64 gallon) grey waste cart
- One 360 l (95 gal.) blue recycling cart to each occupied home
- Emterra (the curbside pickup contractor) will deliver the carts to the end of your driveway, in the position they would like them for pickup
Why is there no administration fee from November 22 to December 21, 2018?
Because curbside pickup will begin at the start of the calendar year, the annual charge can be put directly on property tax bills, meaning less administrative time/resources.
When will my pickup start?
If you come on or before the 21st of the month, curbside pickup will start on the first day of the following month
If you come after the 21st of the month, curbside pickup will start on the first day of the second month from your sign up date
Example: If you sign up on January 22, your curbside pickup service will begin on March 1
Annual Curbside Pickup Charge Per Home Over 5 Year Contract
|2018 (1/2 year)||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023 (1/2 year)|
|Charge per Dwelling (include. Est. 2% inflation)||$52.50||$107.10||$109.24||$111.43||$113.66||$57.96|